-->

Friday, February 22, 2019

Useful Utilities] 1. Creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus


In the past, I used to carry CDs or DVDs to install UNIX and Linux operating systems on servers. But these days, I use USB drives. And I create and use a bootable USB drive when I need to install an operating system or hypervisor.


I use the Rufus program to create a bootable USB drive. This is very good software. Light and easy to use. You can download this program from the following website.

https://rufus.ie/


When you run the downloaded file, the following window will open. For testing, I created a bootable USB drive with a CentOS 7.6 ISO file. If you have multiple USB drives on your computer, be careful.


When you click the Start button, the following windows will appear. Just press OK.


When finished, close the program and detach the USB from your computer. How is it? It's simple, isn't?

So see you next. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment