-->

Saturday, February 16, 2019

The speed of SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO 500GB mounted on ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 CARD


In late fall of 2018, I bought the SAMSUNG SSD 970 EVO 500GB. And I installed this on my computer motherboard, ASUS E3 PRO Gaming V5, but I did not get the speed I expected.



I had to run a lot of virtual machines for testing. Because I did not get the speed I wanted, I was disappointed. :( I was trying to figure out the cause and remembered that I bought the motherboard in 2016. Stupid~!


So I opened the ASUS website and checked my motherboard spec. 'Hmm... What!!!  I need a PCIe x4 mode socket. Oh, my Goddess.' So I started looking for NVMe SSD PCI card that supports PCIe x4 mode. One hour, two hours... four hours had passed and I got tired. Then I saw ASUS HYPER M.2 CARD. The spec was so good. But I had to import this product to buy it. I bought it on Amazon website because it cost about 40 dollars more in my country. I remember waiting for about a week to receive this.



I put it on my computer as soon as I got it. And I run the CrystaDiskMark program to measure the speed. I felt so good because the speed which I expected came up. :)


I made 15 virtual machines and ran them to see if they were working without problems. The results were satisfactory, and I bought two more SSD 970 EVO 500GB and I'm using it very well. :D If you need information on ASUS HYPER M.2 CARD, please refer to the website below. I think this information would help you if you tested a lot in a virtual environment like me.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboard-Accessories/HYPER-M-2-X16-CARD/

See you next. Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment